Tuesday 17 October 2017

For one of our 3D Animation tasks, we were asked to use what we'd learned animating a basic bouncing ball, and apply it to animating a bouncing ball with a tail!

I personally found this task quite difficult, as trying to imagine and layout how the tail would move was quite hard for me. We couldn't just move the tail and the ball in sync, because that would look strange, so we had to use 'Overlapping Animation', in which the two components moved at different speeds.

Below you can see my attempt:



I think the ball looks alright as it is bouncing, however, I do think the tail movement could be improved, as it looks quite stiff. I think if I re-position some of the key frames in the different parts of the tail, I may be able to make that tail movement more fluid and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment