Monday 19 February 2018

For another one of our modules: DGA 130, we have been asked to create a piece of experimental animation that is a 'self portrait'. I've been trying to decide on an idea for some time now, and now I've managed to decide on one.

My idea will be very simple, it will be a series of short animations about things I enjoy or just general information about me. For example, one could be about tea, or how I enjoy drawing, or how I love my friends and family. There will not be any real narrative, since the project is experimental.

I decided to try drawing up some designs for a simplified version of myself. Below you can see the results:




As you can see, the designs are fairly simple, as I did not want to focus on a detailed style. I also think this style will be easier to animate in.

Currently, I am trying to choose between the top two designs, there's only a small difference, one design has acne on the face and the other does not. On one hand, I think adding the acne makes it look more like me! However, I'd have to make sure I keep the acne looking consistent on the design throughout the animation. Also, other people may not find it appealing to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment