Saturday 10 February 2018

The next stage of design for Shen Nung was costume design. 
Below you can see some concepts I've made:




I tried out a few different colour schemes just to see what would work best with the background concepts we had (Although we haven't decided on a proper colour scheme for him yet!)

Similar to the basic designs, I decided to look up how Shen Nung was represented in other paintings etc, and base his outfits off of those. In the majority of the images I found, his outfits were fairly similar. So there isn't too much variety in his outfits here.

After receiving some feedback from my group, I decided to try coming up with another outfit design for him. This is because my group didn't think my designs looked quite regal enough for him to be recognized as an Emperor. I agree with this! I think his designs look a little too modest.


No comments:

Post a Comment