Saturday 10 February 2018

Since I've been assigned the role of concept designer, I wanted to try drawing up some character designs as well. The two characters for this section are the Chinese Emperor Shen Nung and his assistant. I started with Shen Nung, since the section mostly focuses on him. 

Below you can see my concepts for Shen Nung's design:





After researching Shen Nung as a group we found he was represented in a few different ways, but all of them shared one thing: that he was an Emperor. Independently, I decided to research how Shen Nung had been represented and based my designs off of those.

After some feedback from my group, I think we're choosing design number 4, as this is closest to how he's represented in traditional paintings and tellings of the myths he's a part of.



No comments:

Post a Comment