Saturday 3 March 2018

For our DGA 120 Motion Studies Module, we're being given weekly tasks to complete. I've gotten a little behind updating the blog with those, so that's what this post is about.

For the second week, we were asked to animate some sort of quadruped walking. I chose a dog, because I thought there would be more real world references for their walks.

Below you can see my final attempt:



I think overall, the leg movement looks good, but it does stop a little at the end of the cycle instead of looping smoothly. The head and tail movement are not as good, I focused on the legs a lot more, since they were the focus of the task. The head jerks around a little too much and the tail doesn't really move the way it would on an actual dog.

I think if I did this again in the future, I would collect a lot more references, specifically for the dog's head and tail movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment