Saturday 3 March 2018

For another part of our DGA 130 Module, we have to digitally paint an environment based off of a text prompt we've been given. Also, since I decided to pick the 2D route for my DGA 120 Motion Studies Module, I'll have to incorporate a certain amount of character animation into the background scene once it's finished!

First we were asked to sketch our idea for the landscape, below you can see my attempt:


As you can see I deliberately made the layout fairly simple. This is so, when I go to animate the characters in the scene, I am able to plan their actions around the environment, without worrying about complex elements. I'm quite happy with how this looked, however after I finished this version, I remembered I had to add some kind of camera move or parallax to the scene, so I need to extend the environment slightly in order to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment