Saturday 3 March 2018

I mentioned previously that we also needed to plan and add character animation to our painted environment that we're creating in DGA 130, so I decided to very roughly plan out where my characters will be stood/placed in the scene. Below you can see the result:

So this is a very simple layout of the scene, before I added the detail. But from this I can see where my characters will be in my scene.

The character animation we have to implement has some guidelines. They are as follows:

- Must include at least 5 characters
- Must include a looping animation
- Must include a walk/run/skip
- Must include a character throwing/catching/kicking
-Must include an interaction between at least two characters
- Must include some kind of visual effect
- Must include a camera move

I've planned roughly how each of the five characters in my scene will fulfill those criteria:

- Character 1 will be lent against the tree in the foreground throwing a small ball from hand to hand, this fulfills the 'throwing/catching/kicking' criteria

- Character 2 will be kicking their legs in the pond, splashing the water. This will fulfill the 'visual effect' and 'looping animation' criteria (and also the throwing/kicking/catching one technically)

- Characters 3 and 4 will be walking along together, this fulfills the 'walk/run/skip' and 'interaction between at least two characters' criteria.

- Finally Character 5, I think they'll be playing with some kind of small toy, which fulfills the 'looping animation' criteria again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment